- 1 History
- 2 Feature Details
- 3 Software Specifications and Versions
- 4 Software Packages
- 5 Document
- 6 Demo Video Clips
- SUSIAccess 1.0
- Advantech has been developing the SUSI API series since 2004 to create convenient management solutions for embedded applications. After the original security features of eSOS (a small embedded OS used to boot up a system when the major OS boot-up fails) were introduced in 2009, Advantech launched SUSIAccess in Q2 2011, incorporating the latest cloud computing concepts. This version enables users to remotely control, configure and manage, multiple terminal devices and data, as well as providing system maintenance, backup and recovery.
- SUSIAccess 2.0/2.1
- In the second half of 2011, Advantech launched SUSIAccess 2.0 software designed for Intel technology development (IAMT).In November 2012, Advantech released the Linux version of SUSIAccess 2.0, an innovative remote device management software preloaded in all Advantech embedded solutions, allowing efficient remote monitoring, quick recovery and backup, and real-time remote configuration.
- SUSIAccess 3.0
- July 18, 2014, Taipei–Advantech announced SUSIAccess 3.0 management software services with significant function enhance ents, including web-based structure , seamless SW/HW monitoring, and user-friendly map-view interface. With the coming of the IoT era, the effective management and maintenance of numerous, widely deployed, intelligent devices is an increasingly big challenge. To help meet this challenge, Advantech has made a big push, and is now unveiling the latest version of SUSIAccess 3.0, aiming to accelerate the adoption of device designs and ensuring manageability, security, and connectivity. All these features hugely enhance efficiency and decrease maintenance costs, revolutionizing device management.
- WISE-PaaS/RMM 3.1/3.2
- Based on SUSIAccess series product design, Advantech aims at crossing the hurdles of IoT and build an innovative IoT platform, IoT Device Remote Monitoring and Management Platform (RMM). RMM provides device management services for not only IPCs and embedded board systems, but also a wide variety of IoT gateways and sensors. Advantech WISE-PaaS/RMM is a reliable data and gateway management software platform services that supports MQTT and provides 100+ RESTful APIs. It provides data storage, data management, and gateway management services to connect gateways at the bottom to the applications at the top. WISE-PaaS/RMM plays a critical role in the middle tier, connecting different gateways, and transporting the filtered data to different applications. The MQTT protocol bridges the communication gap across the gateways with WISE-PaaS/RMM in the middle. WISE-PaaS/RMM provides 100+RESTful APIs and plays a key role in transporting data to top level applications. They are a widely used popular web service standard now, used by all the major internet companies. RESTful API’s transport data to all the different web services and systems like dashboards used for monitoring, big data storage, and much more. WISE-PaaS/RMM performs key functions for both gateway connectivity and application integration. These cloud-based building blocks can help businesses to cross the critical “technical gap” in IoT application development.
- WISE-PaaS/RMM 4.0
- In 2017, after geting great success in all kind of IoT applications and collecting lots of market demands, next upcoming version addresses four feature highlights
- 1) Resilient & Flexible Clustering Structure
- Provides scalable PaaS-level capability to support hundreds of thousands of IoT devices and huge volume of IoT data with multiple cloud connectivity(Azure/Bluemix/AWS/Ali IoT Hub) and hybrid database (SQL/NoSQL DB, Hadoop HBase) support.
- 2) Intelligent Data management
- Combine with Edge device management to provide distributed intelligent computing and preditive maintenance flow for IPC health monitoring and other IoT application.
- 3) Intuitive New UI layout
- Whole new UI framework, adaptive IoT dashboard and predictive maintenance UE to enhance user experience.
- 4) Smart Agent (Device integration)
- Refactor Agent framework and core architecture to smaller and thinner footprint than can support multiple platform and even resource-constraint platform.
- Embedded data cache engine and optimal algorithm to ensure critical data integrity while unexpected disconnect network to achieve data zero-downtime.
Monitor remote device status, including device temperature, internet connection, CPU temperature, fan speed, voltage, SW process, CPU/memory usage. System will detect device HW capability, and display items can be monitored. Also provides hierarchical server view, group view, and map view to help the administrator organize and manage the devices more efficiently.
- Device Map
Advanced Server Capability
WISE-PaaS/RMMs support hierarchical server structure view to allow the administrator to manage services/devices across different subnets at the same time (logically) without compromising network segment privacy. Also, RMM allows a server to set 1 or 2 redundant servers, with which all data will be synced continuously and a redundant server will take over when the primary server is down to ensure service availability.
Sets the power on/off schedule for remotely located devices; the schedule can be set on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
WISE-PaaS/RMM system protection is powered by , providing white list protection against unauthorized application execution, and also sending warnings of any unauthorized activities.
Backup & Recovery
WISE-PaaS/RMM system recovery is powered by , providing hot backup and scheduled backup, and also one-click recovery.
Event & Notification
When events occur, prompt notifications can be sent to administrators by email or SMS.
- Event Log
Supports multiple types of data sources, e.g.: WebSocket and http stream, to feed in predefined 10+ widgets, including Google maps, gauge, sparkline, progress bar, HTML, picture, indicator, to present as live and statistical device data on dashboard.
- Mobile Pages
- Sub Server
- Redundant Server
- OAuth 2.0
Provides RESTful API Web Service, which allows cross-platform integration of RMM functions, and also open WISE Agent framework, which allows a customized handler to collect and process customer device data not defined by default for more flexible device connectivity
Software Specifications and Versions
- Max. concurrent device connections: 1000
- Max. levels of server hierarchy: 3 (including Root server)
- Max. sub-server amount at each level: unlimited
- Max. redundant server candidate amount:2
- Max. message handling 300m/s, <1KB
|Standard Version||Professional Version|
|IPC Device Management||V||V|
|Gateway/Sensor Management||Read-only; unable to set sensor value||V|
|HW Status Monitoring & Rule Setting||V*||V*|
|SW Process Monitoring & Rule Setting||V**||V**|
|Data Auto Report|| --Only keeps historic data for 30 days
--No support for RESTful API query
(Actual data storage amount is subject to HDD capacity)
|Dashboard||Widgets will be discarded after the browser is closed||V|
|Hierarchical Server||Only 1 level of sub-server and only 1 sub-server is supported|| --2 levels of sub-server supported|
--No sub-server amount limitation at each layer]
|Server Redundancy||N/A||Supports at most 2 redundant servers|
|Intel AMT Integration||V||V|
|Power On/Off Scheduling||V||V|
|McAfee White List Protection||V||V|
|RESTful API Web Service||V||V|
|WISE Agent SDK||N/A||V|
*HW status includes CPU/system temperature, fan speed, voltage, CPU/memory usage, system information, HDD monitoring, depending on HW capability.
**Support depends on device type, OS and account permission.
- RMM 3.1 Server User Manual (pdf)
- RMM 3.1 Agent User Manual (pdf)
- RMM 3.1 REST API Developer Guide (pdf)
- RMM 3.1 WISE-Agent Developer Guide (pdf)
- RMM 3.1 WISE-Agent Command Format Developer Guide (pdf)
- RMM 3.1 WISE-Agent Modbus Handler Developer Guide (pdf)
- RMM 3.1 NodeRED Plug-ins User Manual (pdf)
Demo Video Clips
Advantech ESS Demo on YouTuBe: WISE-PaaS/RMM Demo
|Video Demo Title||Link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Server Settings - Configuration(Login/out, main function)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Server Settings - Account management(role/account, device sharing)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Server Settings - System Backup & Restore||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Server Settings - Device Management & Control (Mobile)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Server Settings - Notification (Event Log and SMS/Email settings)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Server Settings - Redundant server (setting, scenario demo)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Server Settings - Sub-Server||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Server Settings - System Activation||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Server Settings - Upgrade setting (Upload image, management UI)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Device Management - Device management (IPC/Gateway/Sensor)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Device Management - HW Status Monitoring||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Device Management - Power/Protection/Backup&Recovery||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Device Management - Remote control (KVM, Snapshot, Terminal)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Device Management - SW Status Monitoring (UI Operation, Threshold setting)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM REST API - (Hands-on) Simple application to access to REST API||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM REST API - (Hands-on) Access to REST API with OAuth2.0||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM WISE-Agent - (Hands-on) Write your own customized agent application||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM WISE-Agent - (Hands-on) Write your own customized handler||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM WISE-Agent - (Hands-on) Mount Modbus handler to retrieve and control via Modbus/TCP||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Agent - Installation & Configuration (Windows)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Agent - Installation & Configuration (CentOS)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Dashboard - Basic Operation (Add data sources and widgets)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Dashboard - Content Pack (device monitor, sensor data monitor)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM Dashboard - Scenario demo1 : Data Analytics||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Event sending & receiving - websocket(client, server)||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Event receiving - Long polling||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Device data query - SUSIControl data||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Device data query - HWM, SWM, HDD, Network output to file||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Device data query - GW Sensor||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Event sending - Email/SMS||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Installation - Node.js, NodeRED, plug-ins for RMM||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - RMM server Database manipulation||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Settings - Server settings, basic/OAuth authentication||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Device control - Power control||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Device control - Screenshot||link|
|WISE-PaaS/RMM NodeRED - Device control - SUSIcontrol||link|